Demo Demo

So, I was waiting for the part where drums will come in. Then I realised they're burried under the poor mix...
You could give it at least some sense of structure, like a short buildup before the song is going to hit you in the face with it's forehead.
Not to mention the song is actually 40 sec long, just repeats itself twice.
I get it- you really love this Marilyn Manson'ish, Resident Evil'ish, The Prodigy'sih, Earthbound'ish synth, but let those drums breath a little. xD

Other than that, I like where you're going with this. I like it's vibe, the drum samples and their pattern (when you can actually hear them) really fit. Keep it up.

Kryomax responds:

There's the finished product. Should probably delete this demo by now XD

Toby Fox - Undertale (Karaplex Remix) Toby Fox - Undertale (Karaplex Remix)

You could have been a bit more creative with the intro. The growl feels a bit forced and it sounds a bit off. But maybe it's just me.
It's a good remix.

-Vultures- -Vultures-

I would replace that synth in the intro with somehing else, or at least add some modulation to it to make it sound less amatureish. I guess it wouldn't be this much of a problem if not for the fact that it repeats itself so often.

Overall mix could be improved, but other than that, it's pretty good.

JK-FlipFlop responds:

Thank you for the helpful review! I'll keep your advice in mind for the full song (with lyrics).

Move On (How ironic....) Move On (How ironic....)

I like the intro, although the strings and choir sound incredibly fake. Nothing wrong with the sample, it's just that there is no dynamic movement. Add some changes in velocity. And on choirs, slower attack and volume automation goes a long way. Same could be said for the piano.

TRWT responds:

I agree there is plenty wrong with it as it is ffaaarrrr from being complete, but yeah there's literally nothing I can do about it unless I rewrite the whole thing from scratch coz the project file no longer exists, as per the authors comments. Anyway thanks for the review :D

Carnival Carnival

Starts off interesting, although I'm not a fan of glitched vocals. But it does fit... most of the time.
You could have been a bit more creative with the outro, but it's still a good track.

Electronic Wave Electronic Wave

While listening to the intro, I honestly thought that you forgot to turn off high-cut filter on the master channel.
It sounds like a perfect song for some more ambient influenced style. The 'easy on the ears' drum, soft synths, leaving plenty of room in the frequencies to let the ambience shine. But... well, that's the thing. It has no ambience. Except the reverb on this unnecessarilly harsh cymbal.
Maybe it's just me, but these repetetive hats hurt my ears. Add some movement there- use velocity change, slap some chorus/flanger on it- anything to help it feel more... well, "more".

TheShamaniac responds:

i just reread this and its bloody helpful haha, thanks man! im slowly getting around it all :) very slowly but it beats standinf still hehe :)

Back to Nowhere Back to Nowhere

I found your post where you were asking for a critique... well, you shall have one.
WARNING: It's gonna be brutal. So if you're sensetive, don't read it and just delete this comment. But then, you were asking for a "critique" after all, so... yeah.

#1. The thing that annoys me the most within the first few seconds, is the unhumane, almost synthetic sounding piano. And it's not about the quality of piano sample.
Tip: Velocity change. It's a thing.

#2. Second, is how compressed everything sounds. Big amounts of compression are good in EDM, but not when they ruin the quality.

#3. Drum samples. I hate them. Everyone with at least a little bit of sandards will hate them. There are tons of free and really good sounding sample packs all over the web. Do a little research.

#4. Synths... they sound as amatureish and simplified as they can get. But, seems to me that you programmed them yourself, so you get a point for that. Stick with that, It's always better to make synths yourself than use presets. Even if they sound crappy. You'll get the hang of it eventually. You should check "SeamlessR" channel on youtube, this guy is a legend when it comes to making synths.

#5. Buildups are too loud and simply boring. It's ok to make loud buildups, as long as they have something to offer except white noise and one rather bad sounding synth, AND THEY'RE NOT LOUDER THAN THE ACTUAL DROP.

#6. The drop.... read #4.

#7. That piano under the drop sounds terrible. When you add something under the drop melody, make sure it follows the drop melody. There are some songs where it sounds good (even if it's not suppose to, yet somehow it does, like Varien- Lilith), but yours is not one of them.

#8. The overall mix... I'll let you make up your own mind on that one.

So there you have it. No h8 m8, keep doing what you're doing.
I'll pass on the rating.

Sci-FiWizard10 responds:

Thanks for the feedback! I'll take it into account the next time when I'm making music.

Btw, where should I find good drum samples? IM me if you have a good website or file to suggest.

Once again, thanks for the feedback. I can only get better from here!